Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer begins

Well my 2 month summer break has begun!  This week is going to be slow and relaxing and then next week onwards the action begins.  Will have a week with Tessa in London, then a week in Scotland with my parents, then 11 days with my parents in London.  It's going to be awesome.  This Thursday Mum and Dad pass through Heathrow on their way to Ireland so I will tube out and hopefully, fingers crossed, get to spend an hour so with them at the airport before they fly out.  Enough time for a coffee and an exchange of birthdays presents - my birthday is on Friday and Dads is on Saturday.  Already told him that seeing me is his present!
The weekend of Nathan's birthday we are going to Amsterdam for an unforgettable birthday (of course this depends on how many cafe's we visit!).  Anna and Borrie are coming along and hopefully Burns too. 
Summer is rounded off with a 9 day tour of Egypt with just Nath and I.  It will be nice to have some bonding time just the two of us. 
Then its back to work.  But to brighten up my mood at having to be back at work we are going to Oktoberfest to drink beer!  My dream come true.  I only have work one full week before I get the day off to drink beer.  How cool.
We have been busy keeping our wee garden alive.  The herbs have taken off and the tomato plants are huge but no sign of fruit yet.  Ceck out the BGT (before growing time) and DGT (during growing time) pics below.

We had a super cute skype conversation with Zane and Lena last Friday.  It has been a month perhaps since we last talked and its amazing to see the changes in Lena.  She copies Romana and wears a handbag on her arm and wraps her doll up in a blanket before dumping her in the pram.  So cute.
 

This past weekend we met Anna and Borrie at the Tate Modern and got a wee bit cultural.  Nath and I had checked out one whole floor while A&B were still in the 1st gallery!  We decided to change tact and headed to the London Bridge experience, which all in all was very lame and tame.  It was meant to be the scariest experience in London but it was pathetic, we felt ripped off and we had 2 4 1 tickets.  Poor suckers who pay full price. 
Picasso
Some modern contemporary work
Will keep you updated as our summer travels take place. 
Mich and Nath

No comments:

Post a Comment