Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mum and Dad do London

It has been a busy week since we returned from Scotland.  Mum and Dad have been staying in our spare room and every minute of the day is action packed, so much so we all collapse into bed at night.  My memory is starting to get a little foggy of what we have done, could be something to do with having a few drinks last night! 
Im thinking that I might bullet point what we have done to make it easier to remember:
  • explored Camden markets including a garra rufa fish pedicure
  • walked along the North Bank of the Thames
  • climbed up Monument
  • explored Greenwich - markets, maritime museum, painted hall, royal observatory, river boat along the Thames
  • visited the state rooms of Buckingham Palace and the Royal Mews
  • HMS Belfast
  • hung out in Covent Garden
Mum and Dad hired a car and took off to Weymouth and Cornwall for four days.  They wanted to see Weymouth as this is where my sister lived and worked for six months a few years ago.  They loved Cornwall but hated how they had to pay for car parking everywhere - even at the beaches!
At the moment they are at the British Museum with my Uncle (Dad's brother) who lives in Brighton but came up to London yesterday to hang with Dad.  It is cool to see him and we had a fun dinner with him and my brother last night.
Tonight we are going to see Lion King at the theatre which is going to be very lively.  I will try to stop myself singing along to all the songs I know.  Tomorrow I suggested M&D have a wander around Kew Gardens for a few hours - they will love it.  Dad is keen on the tree top walk.  We are meeting my cousin for dinner at Brick Lane in the evening so Im hoping we dont get Dheli Belly.  So far we have had no probs after eating there.  Then after all this action it will leave one day left for M&D in London before they set off for Turkey and Greece.  Lucky buggers.
I have to admit though the weather in London has been fantastic!  I have a bit of a tan going on.  The weather is forecast to be great up til Friday so thats good for getting up and exploring the sights.
I'll include some pics to make this blog slightly more exciting. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment