Tuesday, July 17, 2012

30th Birthday in Portugal


The inevitable happened on Sunday and I turned 30.  I thought what better way to embrace a summer birthday than to spend it somewhere hot and beachy.  With that in mind I choose to spend my birthday in the Algarve region of Portugal.  I was not diappointed as the mercury was above 30 degress every day.  Anna, Borrie, Laura and Nath also embarked on this 30th adventure of mine.


We stayed in a wee beach side town called Carvoeiro.  From here we took a morning trip to Silves where we looked through an old castle.  Another day was spent doing a kayking trip around the beaches and caves of Lagos.  Mostly though we spent the time relaxing at the bech or at the pool.  A great way to unwind at the end of the school year (for me only) and catch some sun which we have been unable to do in England.   We have fought off rickets for another few months.  The beach we went to by our resort was very secluded and there were no hawkers interrupting our peace.  It was lovely in that it was not touristy and unspoiled by rubbish.   I had a fantastic time and would like to return to Portugal, next time visiting Porto and Lisbon.



No comments:

Post a Comment