Saturday, June 12, 2010

Toast NZ

The Feelers - not that you can see them.


Getting a dose of NZ culture


Goodies from home flanked by a Speights and L&P



Polo action

Nathan and I had a great day at Toast NZ today. The day kicked off sourcing NZ goodies! We thought mellowpuffs at £1 per packet was a good deal (even though we knew they were expired). Unfortunately the biscuit has gone stale and the marshmellow bit a little hard. Nath was easily excited by the sale of speights and I spotted some cans of L&P. The rest of the day I drank HB sav :) There were also stalls set up to lure us into buying cheap travel deals. We took a sample of pamphlets to look through. 2 for 1 deals on sail Croatia, Im pretty keen aye.
We watched a polo match, Eng v NZ, NZ lost by one goal. There were performances from the Ngati Ranana Maori club and headline act The Feelers. The weather played its part and I got a touch of sunburn. Summer is on its way.
I have scored a sweet job for 2 weeks. Hopefully I am going to be totally awesome and they keep me on for longer. I will be working for Transport for London (TFL) and teaching primary aged students how to use the tube safely. We set up displays with information and the students come to us, then also have seminars from the Police and Fire departments. Hopefully students will be on their best behaviour as they are on an outing from school. Much of my day will be spent travelling to sites around London, setting up the display, then talking to groups of students, 5-10 in a group, for 10min then they move off and I get a new group to entertain. The job sounds like fun, is good pay, I get provided with a travel card (free tube), polo shirts, I can wear jeans and finish at 4ish. Nice.
Had a night out with Amy last night. A friend of hers, Simzy, was playing at a local pub so we wandered down and had a good time. Simzy played some classic Kiwi covers and we sung our heads off. Plus, cause Amy went to see him play, he bought us a bottle of wine on his tab :) To be fair I wasn't up for a day of drinking when I woke up this morning. But in true never give up style, I pulled it together and had some wines today. Legend. All this one day after telling my Mum Im not drinking or going out much at the moment.
Definately bed time. Nite all.

No comments:

Post a Comment