Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Edinburgh

Nath and I had a fantastic weekend in Edinburgh.  To me it seemed like a large scale Dunedin, with many roads and landmarks sharing the same names. 
The main point of our weekend away was to watch the All Blacks play at Murrayfield.  It was a great game and the All Blacks had their biggest win over Scotland since ages ago.  The atmosphere was neat with bag pipes bursting out around the stadium.  One New Zealand supporter had his pipes so when the All Blacks scored points NZ supporters cranked out the celebrations.  Random hearing pokarekare ana on the bag pipes!
We have a couple of quiet weekends planned which means we will have time to do some Xmas shopping and get it in the post. 
This week is a bit of a hell week for me.  I got supply work Mon and Tues and now my week finishes off with 3 interviews on 3 days.  Not fun.  As interviews over here consist of teaching a lesson then having the formal questioningn there is a lot of prep to do before the interview.  I am particularly nervous about todays interview as I think I want this job the most! This is my second time going to the school for the interview process, today I have to teach a lesson, and Im not to sure my lesson plan is any good!  Will let you know how I get on.  Hopefully Nath and I plan something to do in the weekend to take my mind off these yucky interviews.  As we took the train to Edinburgh you get 2 4 1 deals on some tourist sites around London such as the London Dungeons, Madame Tussauds etc.  Maybe we will head into central London for shopping and a tourist activity.




No comments:

Post a Comment