Monday, March 15, 2010

Lake Titicaca Photos (finally)

Approaching the floating Islands. We visited a group of floating Islands called Uros Islands. 3 Islands make up the Uros Islands, where 12 families live.








Homestay - Llachon Community


This is looking through to the house where Nath and I had our homestay at the Llachon community.

Nath and Sonia carrying the fishing net to the wharf.

Nath, myself and Amanda in traditonal dress. My hat with the two pom poms represents the fact that I am married/not available, whereas Amanda is wearing the single ladies attire.


In the morning, pulling up the fishing nets. No such thing as undersized here!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm... and no comment about the ridiculous hat??!! Haha! Looking great - you look a little happier about handling that fish than the last photo I saw of you holding a fish!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete