Sunday, March 21, 2010

London (and photos from Santiago)

Baggage claim at Santiago Airport

A very expensive pair of shoes!! Actually only $70 USD

Looking out over the city from the cable car


We have arrived safely in London and are loving it so far. We mastered the underground on day one and have not got lost once. This may change as I have to find my way to work without Nathan to help me.
We are onto our second home already!! We lived with Bhavik and Emma for 3 days and now we are living with Simon for 3 weeks, and then who knows where we'll be.
I met one of my teaching agencies the day we arrived and I got job starting Monday!! Im working up north at Frien Barnet school. Im really nervous and not sure what to expect - in terms of student behaviour and PE Dept resources. Im thinking Im going to have to get up really early for the 1st morning to allow for peak hour on the tube, which Nath and I haven't experienced yet.
Loving watching live premier league football (even Nath is watching it and reckons he could learn to like it).
The cost of living is cheaper than we expected. On our night out we got 4 red bull vodkas for $12 (we dont have a pound sign on our NZ laptop). Also clothes and shoes are cheap as are pub meals :) Check us out with our cheap drinks at The Walkabout.


Will keep you posted on how work went. Nath has two interviews with recruitment companies on Tuesday and Im hoping on Monday he gets a hair cut. I also need a haircut as Im over the ginger mullet, but I will have to wait for pay day.
Tonight we will have to cook dinner for the first time in 7wks! It was fairly weird having to walk to the supermarket then walk home with all your groceries. Usually I would drive. I dont think supermarkets here will let you take home trolley's like the old days back in Dunedin. If we want to go to a bigger supermarket with more selections we have to take the tube and that will be weird carrying groceries on the tube. When in London...........

1 comment:

  1. I looked up the school on the net - looks pretty modern, see they have a fairly new sports something, was it arena? Hope job goes well, save you having to traipse around to different schools. Love seeing photos, keep them coming
    Love Mum and Dad (and you definately know he doesn't do the typing)

    ReplyDelete