Friday, August 8, 2014

Jaisalmer

We arrived in the desert town of Jaisalmer after a short 5hr train ride from Jodhpur.  Five hours is relatively short for us as we have a 13hr bus trip tonight (which I'm not looking forward to!). 
In Jaisalmer we had really nice accommodation that organises camel treks in to the desert so we went on a one night trek.  Thankfully we only did the half day option as it was slow going and very uncomfortable on the camals.  
We also looked at the Fort which has a palace and beautiful Jain temples inside the fort complex. Lastly we saw the haveli (house) where the prime minister used to live.  We are just hanging out in the hotel lobby before our massive night bus journey to Udaipur. I am getting bored already and the journey has not begun!  I got no sleep 
Last night in the desert as it was hot we did not have the fly over our tent - that meant every time the wind blew sand came through the mesh into the tent and onto my face. I am also doubtful I will get much sleep on the night bus tonight. Travelling is not very glamorous at all!






3 comments:

  1. Am loving the pics and updates - definitely testing my knowledge of geography! Keep up the wicked effort! I know it is pretty hot, but enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, that was me! (school sign in!!) Haha!
    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi T, I probably would have figured you were Mrs B!!!
    Anyway, I hope your Rhajastani (province we are travelling in) geography has improved.
    Enjoying the travels. Most of the time it is eye opening and a culture shock! Learning lots and appreciating the finer things in life that are missing here!

    ReplyDelete