Friday, August 1, 2014

Stockholm

As I write this my bum has gone numb from sitting on a tiled floor in Abu Dhabi airport.  The only power sockets are in plentiful demand and one must make do with what they can find.  I found a socket behind a pilar so here I am now able to write this.  We have an 8hr stop over before our connecting flight to Delhi. On the flight over from Stockholm we lost a nights sleep so my eyes are definitely hanging out of my head and there may be many typos.

On to Stockholm. A very lovely city, clean and wealthy, a stark contrast to where I am headed no doubt.  On arrival we checked into our hostel which was a boat - very cool! Moored in a very central location right in the old town.  We wandered the old town and then had our first taste of Swedish meatballs - so yum!

The following day we walked around the islands to reach the Vasa museum which houses a battle ship from 1628. The Vasa sunk on her maiden voyage and stayed under water for 333 years.  It's incredible that they were able to salvage the boat and also the good condition that it was in when brought to the surface.

After our museum visit it was time for round two of Swedish meatball tasting, followed by some chill out time in the hostel before making our way to the airport.  We flew Stockholm to Berlin, Berlin to Abu Dhabi, and then finally the last leg Abu Dhabi to Delhi. I am nervous about our arrival in Delhi as I don't know what to expect, except for craziness everywhere. Will definitely be a mind blowing experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment