Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baños



Hello out there,
We are excited to have feedback that people are reading our blog. Awesome. I'm feeling the pressure now to make it exciting to keep you glued to the blog.
Yesterday Nathan and I had an action packed day Mt biking then white water rafting. It was fricken awesome. I loved the rafting, totally up for doing some more. We were on a grade 3 river (grade 5 is the highest) so it was a little tame but we both managed to fall out at some stage!!! Heaps of fun. I want to try a grade 4 river next time (there´s an opportunity in Peru).
Last night we took a van ride up the hill to get a vantage point of the active volcano - it is spewing out lava and very much alive! The locals are always on evacuation alert. It erupted several times while we were there, very cool seeing the lava explode up then run down the Mt side. Much better than the Ruapehu eruption of '95.
Today we are cruising around town. Watched some girls in our group do a bridge swing this morning. We are meeting for lunch at a sandwich bar, thank god, I'm over the soup for lunch and dinner!! We hope to explore the town square and church this arvo before hitting the markets. I haven´t done any shopping yet.
Tessa - ring Mum for Bhav´s address I left my address book back in the hostel.
Candace - I like mushrooms (Nath doesn't). I'm severely allergic to tomatoes!!!

The radio stations here crack me up they play a combination of English and Spanish songs, but really old English songs. A lot of cranberries as they are playing a concert here next month. It is only the 2nd big band that has come to Ecuador!

Hopefully I will figure out how to upload some pics so you can see for yourselves all the action.

Tomorrow we have a bus ride to Cuenco, our last stop in Ecuador.

Adios amigos.

2 comments:

  1. usb isnt as universal as i thought. cant upload photos sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad can't believe it. You enjoying mountain biking and rafting.

    ReplyDelete